This page has moved to a new address.

I'm ready for Moonstone!

The Sensible Flutist: I'm ready for Moonstone!

Friday, March 30, 2012

I'm ready for Moonstone!



I've been consumed this week with lots of last minute preparations for my first ever self-produced concert in Philadelphia at Moonstone Arts Center! This wouldn't have happened without a lot of help and support from friends and colleagues, notably Sharon Torello, Local Arts Live founder. Add to this the World Premiere of Museum Triptych by composer Peter Amsel and this will be an unforgettable experience.

This is a huge moment for me because it's my first full length concert as a professional flutist and I've never felt more excited about the future. I am taking control of my career and creating my own opportunities. I really do feel like after all the years of talking, writing and dreaming, I'm arriving into a new phase of my career. 2012 has been claimed as the #yearoftheflute and I'm excitedly staking my claim.

I have learned so much about all aspects of producing a concert and although I'm still very much in favor of accessible and affordable events, I have a better understanding of the factors that go into ticket pricing and that is valuable information for future concerts. Given my recent day job experience at a newspaper, I developed a better understanding of the media and it has renewed my focus as a columnist and blogger to highlight smaller local concerts that don't garner coverage. With that experience, I spent a lot of time publicizing and submitting my events to numerous online sites and again coordinating with Sharon to get my concert featured on Local Arts Live.

If you're not in the Philadelphia area and want to tune in via the live internet stream, please visit Moonstone Live. The show starts at 8 PM Eastern Time. I promise that you won't be disappointed.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At April 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Jamey said...

Please, please let me know when you have a video available. Thanks! I'm so glad it all went well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home