This page has moved to a new address.

Practicing - Reichert No. 1

The Sensible Flutist: Practicing - Reichert No. 1

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Practicing - Reichert No. 1

I'm experimenting filming myself with my new computer, and I figured a practice clip would be a good place to start. I'm exposing myself a lot in doing this, but since I've been discussing and researching practicing lately, why not continue in that theme?

I filmed this last night after dinner, discovered Windows Movie Maker tonight, and now I'm on youtube practicing Reichert No. 1. I was wrapping up tone/tech work for the day, and I would normally run through these but I was trying to get maximum resonance at the points I typically lose it. Just getting this visual of myself means I need to open my chest more and raise my head so it doesn't look like my head coming out to meet the flute. Visuals are so important.

Please excuse the poor sound quality and awkward beginning (I need practice editing these clips). Please leave feedback, too! We're all in this journey together.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At August 13, 2010 at 8:32 AM , Blogger robert said...

I'm in awe of those trills...but, then I've always been in awe of wind players. The percussion instrument I play does have its limitations.

%%robert aka chopin_slut

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home