This page has moved to a new address.

Skype Flute Lessons

The Sensible Flutist: Skype Flute Lessons

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Skype Flute Lessons


Does your schedule prevent you from driving to a studio once a week for regular flute lessons? Why not take lessons via Skype? Skype lessons are a flexible and convenient option that works well for all ages and levels of students. 

I am offering a FREE 30 minute trial lesson for you to try out Skype lessons with me to see if it suits you. There is no obligation and no strings attached. If you would like to continue lessons after your trial lesson, I offer pre-paid lesson packages of 4 or 8 lessons that are payable via Paypal. You may e-mail me at adelpalazzo (at) gmail.com to schedule your trial lesson.

Prices:

Single lesson
 - $20/half hour, $40/hour

4 Lesson Packs:
Package of 4 half hour lessons - $80
Package of 4 hourly lessons - $160

8 Lesson Packs:
Package of 8 half hour lessons - $160
Package of 8 hourly lessons - $320

If the idea of Skype Lessons has you scratching your head, here are answers to some questions you may have:

Why study with me when there are so many other flute teachers offering virtual lessons?

I am a professional teaching artist with experience teaching all ages and levels. As a teaching artist, I perform regularly and take auditions and as a result, I’m able to coach my students through various performance situations and performance anxiety issues.
 

Another exciting development to happen this year is that I am now an
 Andover Educator trainee studying towards becoming licensed to teach “What Every Musician Needs to Know about the Body.” The benefit to you in private lessons is that I can share my Body Mapping knowledge with you to improve your flute playing. 

Taking a sensible and whole body approach to flute playing (hence the name of this blog), I believe that the body is an extension of our instrument and we must move well in order to maximize our musical potential. Every student that studies with me is exposed to comprehensive and customized flute study with elements of Body Mapping and performance coaching included.

Who is The Sensible Flutist?

You can find information about me at my
 website and you can read more articles here on my blog to gain further insight into who I am. Here is a short bio:

Alexis Del Palazzo is an Andover Educator trainee, active performer and devoted teacher residing in the Central Pennsylvania region. She has performed widely across the United States including Virginia, Oklahoma, Texas and New York.

Alexis teaches many private flute students and has taught at Corning Community College. As a private studio teacher, Alexis’s students have consistently received superior ratings at solo festivals and have won competitions. Her passion for teaching and outreach has led to her work being published in Flute Talk magazine. She has presented workshops on teaching and practicing with extended techniques for the Rochester Flute Association and the Central Pennsylvania Flute Fest. She will be presenting “Holistic Practice: Practicing for the Whole Musician” for the National Flute Association’s Annual Convention in August 2012 in Las Vegas.

She holds a Bachelor’s of Music degree in flute performance with special distinction from the University of Oklahoma-Norman where she studied with Dr. Valerie Watts. Other teachers include Christina Jennings, Helen Blackburn, Patricia George, and Christine Moulton. She has performed in masterclasses for Carol Wincenc, George Pope, Jill Felber, Alexa Still, Keith Underwood and Liisa Ruoho.
 


Why Skype lessons?

You don’t have to travel and they’re a great option for those who live in an area where there is no local teacher. Rather than try to accommodate lessons during my studio hours, Skype lessons are a flexible option since I am able to teach lessons at a mutually agreeable time.

Because I live in central Pennsylvania, you can take advantage of the cheaper lesson rate I am able to charge here versus a larger city. This increases your savings if you live in a more expensive urban area.

If you have any additional questions, please e-mail me. I look forward to working with you!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home